MILAN - Last week, we put you to the test with questions relating to Inter's history (click here to learn more about Inter's history), and now the time has come to take a closer look at the 2019/20 season. Do you know everything about Antonio Conte's side? In collaboration with Opta, here are nine facts and figures that you need to know.
1) Taking into account both goals and assists, there’s an Inter player who has been involved in 28 goals this season, the most out of any player in the side. Who is it?
23 goals and five assists: Lukaku is the player who has been involved in the most goals this campaign. The Belgian striker has scored 17 times in 25 appearances in the league, also setting up a teammate on two occasions. In the Champions League, he's found the net twice and provided two assists, including that magnificent ball to Lautaro Martinez with the outside of his left foot in Prague. Furthermore, Lukaku has scored twice in the Coppa Italia and the Europa League, also helping himself to an assist in the latter.
2) Out of all of Inter’s current outfield players, who has played the most games for the Nerazzurri in all competitions?
While Samir Handanovic has played 324 times for Inter from 2012 until the present day, Andrea Ranocchia is the outfield player with the most appearances: the 32-year-old defender joined Inter in January 2011 and has gone on to feature in 201 games for the Club.
3) Who is the Inter player that has the highest pass completion rate so far this season in all competitions?
The Spanish midfielder has played 15 times this campaign, scoring once in both the league and Coppa Italia. Borja Valero, who remains a key player during the build-up in the middle of the park and very rarely gives the ball away, has a pass completion rate of 91.8%. As regards the Europa League, he completed 134 out of 136 passes (98.5%) over two legs against Ludogorets, a remarkable stat.
4) Who is the Inter player that has won the most challenges so far this campaign in all competitions?
A player who is always amongst the best in the rankings when it comes to the amount of distance covered and successful passes, the Croatian combines class with a combative nature. Brozovic has won 44 challenges, more than 50% of the tackles he's been involved in.
5) The two Inter players with the most assists this season have set up their teammates to score on six occasions, but who tops the Expected Assists (4.2) ranking?
When we refer to Expected Assists, we're measuring the likelihood that a given pass will become a goal assist. As Opta explains, it considers several factors, including the type of pass, pass end-point and length of pass. Antonio Candreva, who is always full of running down the right wing as he looks to put dangerous balls into the box, tops this particular ranking.
6) In which game have Inter conceded the fewest number of shots this campaign?
Ludogorets vs. Inter
In the first-leg round of 32 Europa League clash between the sides in Razgrad, Inter ran out 2-0 winners against Ludogorets. Over the course of 95 minutes, the hosts only had one shot towards Padelli's goal, and this was off target.
7) In which game have Inter had the most shots this season?
Inter vs. Hellas Verona
A remarkably high number, almost scarily high. In their Serie A clash against Verona, Inter had 38 (!) efforts at Silvestri's goal, 17 of which came in the first half. The remaining 21 came after the break. Eleven of these shots were on target, nine were off target and 18 were blocked. A Vecino header and a wonderful Barella strike secured a 2-1 win for the Nerazzurri that day.
8) Who is the youngest player to start for Inter in a Serie A fixture since the 1994/95 season?
At the age of 17 years and 172 days, Sebastiano Esposito started for the Nerazzurri in Inter 4-0 Genoa on 21 December 2019. In doing so, he became the youngest Inter starter since the beginning of the 21st century. Furthermore, the No.30 found the net from the penalty spot. He thus became the second youngest scorer in Inter’s history in Serie A: in front of him only Mario Corso (17 years and 97 days old), and behind him Mario Balotelli, Aldo Campatelli and Roberto Cesati.
9) Taking into account all competitions, who has managed to fire the highest percentage of his efforts on target out of all the Inter players who have taken at least ten shots (including blocked attempts) this campaign?
Biraghi has been precise with his shooting this season and managed to find the net against Ludogorets in the Europa League. The Italian winger has taken seven shots (excluding blocked attempts), five of which have been on target.